Posted by: Morris D
May 16, 2015
First of all let me explain the four star as opposed to five star rating. I realize there is always room for improvement! Cavender Toyota had a very good selection of Toyota Camrys, in short they had what I was looking for, color, model and options. The fact that it had a reasonable amount of mileage, still under manufactures warranty, Toyota Certified and priced right, helped me with my decision to purchase. Another important facet was the salesman (Raul Cervera). When I saw the car (on line) I called Cavender Toyota and Raul answered, he was eager to answer my questions and very helpful. That made the decision to travel 200 miles to see the car much easier. When I arrived Raul met with me and together we inspected and test drove the vehicle. He also took the time to introduce me to the Camry by showing me it's features, options and how things worked (I've never owned a Toyota product before). Even after my purchase, Raul kept in touch and watched over my other car as I had to leave it while I drove the Camry home. He even picked me up at the airport when I returned to pick up my car. He was excellent!
Now for a few things that could have been better:
1. The car could have been cleaner on the inside
2. The dealership could have touched-up a few small paint chips
3. The cabin and engine air filters should have been replaced
4. I was surprised by the final price as it was (800.00) more than was expected ( I checked with my credit union prior to purchasing), then negotiated down to about 300.00 more as stated by the Team Sales Leader.
5. The finance office spent an hour trying to convince me to purchase the Extended Warranty, meanwhile getting my address wrong. My title will probably go to a neighbors mailbox, whom I don't know. When I called the finance office, all that was offered was "wait until the end of May, if you don't receive it by then, call us back" What? Call the DMV and get it corrected!!! I paid cash for this car.
6. When you deliver a vehicle, do not put the cheapest gas you can find in it. I noted some hesitation in the engine as I arrived in Houston and during the last 1/4 tank. A good grade of gas (proper octane) and a new engine air filter seemed to have alleviated this problem.
7. I tried negotiating a discounted price on a backup camera for this car but was offered only the list price. Would be nice if the dealership would/could allow something as incentive to purchase add-ons other than the extended warranty.
All in all, still a good experience, as I said, there's always room for improvement!